Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Day I Learn to Fly...

…I’m Never Coming Down
That day is coming soon, I can feel it. It’s not like one of those things that you think is going to happen, or that you hope will. This is different. I know it’s going to happen. I look around at most everyone I know, especially people I work with, and I see the same kinds of things, the same stories, the same results. The day lates. The dollar shorts. The also rans. They’re all telling themselves they’re happy. Well, I’ll be the first to say, I’m not. Not yet. But, I’m not just going to keep telling myself I am, longingly hoping that one day it will happen. Hoping that if I tell myself I am happy enough times, I’ll convince myself that it’s true. I’ve never been that kind of person. There’s something out there, I know there is. It’s said that as a man thinketh, so is he. I never understood this statement, never bought it. Dreamers get nothing, but more sleep than the rest of us. So, let me change that statement, as a man doeth, so is he. There. Fixed it. No, it still isn’t right. How about this, what a man worketh for, so gets he. Better? Yes. But still not complete. How about this? As a man toileth over, cryeth for, sweateth about, bleedeth due to, obsesseth over, exhausteth means in order to achieve, giveth up his life, limb and liberty for, and devoteth every ounce of energy to, so he will not be denied. Still dreaming? Well, wake up and smell the roses, cause that’s the second place bouquet. Now look up. That’s me on the first place platform, get it?
‘Nuff Said.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete